COVID-19 Revised Studio Etiquette
- Preregistration required. IN-STUDIO classes are limited to 15 students.
- Both IN-STUDIO and ONLINE classes require pre-registration, make sure you are registering for the right class.
- Only those registered for the ONLINE class will receive the Zoom invitation.
- Please cancel in advanced if you find yourself unable to attend to allow space for other interested parties.
- Please don’t come to the studio if you are not feeling well. See the questionnaire provided below.
- Limit extraneous items in the studio. Please only bring the necessities into the studio.
- Silence cellphones and keep them in the lobby area.
- Remove shoes and store them in the lobby. We practice barefoot in the studio space, removing shoes helps maintain a clean and pleasant practice space.
- Students are encouraged to wear shoes that slip on and off easily without the use of hands.
- A hand towel for every student is required. Coughing and sneezes can come out of nowhere, as a courtesy please use your hand towel to cover your face in these moments.
- Come to practice clean. When possible shower before class.
- Refrain from wearing any fragrances (perfume, cologne, or strong essential oils).
- Wear comfortable workout attire.
- Come to practice with an empty stomach (unless specific conditions prevent this).
- Hydrate throughout the day. We do have filtered water at the studio if needed but we encourage you to hydrate before and after class.
- Arrive a few minutes early (up to 10-15 minutes.) Give yourself breathing room to be on your mat at the time class is scheduled. Enjoy the freedom to settle in comfortably and fully enjoy the relaxing atmosphere at MGY. Our classes begin on time and late entry is not allowed.
- Stay for the entire class. Again, life happens so if you need to leave early please inform the teacher beforehand and exit quietly. We do suggest a rest in final relaxation before hitting the road.
- Ask questions about anything that is unclear. If asking during class doesn’t feel appropriate our teachers are happy to talk more before or after classes.
- Inform the instructor of any health issues. Some poses or techniques may be inappropriate for some conditions.
- Honor the reality of where you are physically, mentally, and emotionally any given day.
- Do what you can, with what you have, with where you are. This may mean pushing yourself some days and taking it easier others.
- Yoga is a non-competitive practice. There’s no expectation about what your practice will look like any given day.
- No experience or flexibility is required to practice yoga. Yoga is for everyone.
- Yoga is a discipline. Practice regularly. As a new student, build your practice slowly. Work toward practicing at least a little bit everyday. If you are unable to attend a class at the studio everyday start a home practice on those days. You’ll be amazed at what is revealed in home practice.
- Our classes end with the gesture and saying Namaste. This means: I honor the in place in you which is of love, of truth, of light, and of peace. It is a sign of respect and also recognition that we are all connected as human beings sharing this earth.
- Please respect social distancing.
- There are places for mats measured to be > 6ft apart.
- Please observe silence in the studio space outside of asking pertinent questions.
- Restrict socializing to the outdoor and lobby areas with appropriate distancing and face coverings.
QUESTIONNAIRE: Should you attend an IN-STUDIO class?
If you answer YES to any of these questions please do not come to the studio.
Do you have any of the following symptoms:
- Recent/new onset coughing (not related to allergy or COPD)
- Nasal congestion (not related to allergies or sinus infections)
- Recent/new onset sore throat
- Recent/new onset shortness of breath (not related to chronic disease)
- Recent/new onset diarrhea
Please stay informed with updated guidelines and COVID-19 facts through the CDC: