We hope you’re doing well and feeling supported. Thank you for being dedicated to your yoga practice, which we hope has been a source of connection and care during this unique time. While the conditions for practicing together continue to challenge all of us, the fruits of the practice itself have been nourishing. Would you agree?
In light of the growing number of COVID-19 cases and Governor Abbott’s recent executive order relating to the use of face coverings during the COVID-19 disaster in public spaces, MGY has made the decision to suspend in-person classes and continue our online offerings at this time. We feel temporarily closing is the most responsible course of action to support the wellbeing of both our yoga community and the greater communities in which we are nestled. We don’t take this decision lightly and will continue to monitor available information about best practices moving forward.
Our well established, quality, online classes have proven to be a supportive and nurturing addition to studio offerings. We are also working on expanding our digital offerings to include on-demand videos for download, as we know internet service can be unreliable for many.
We hope you’ll join us online and are here to answer any questions and troubleshoot for a successful livestream experience. Thanks to all who have already joined and continue to support MGY.
Currently our classes are available free of charge as we know this is financially a tough time for many. We are accepting donations to cover the cost of operations, so please consider making a donation or enrolling in a membership so that we can continue to offer this service and be prepared to return to in-person classes.
Thank you, as always, for your understanding.
We hope to see you soon!
Click Here for the link to the official Executive Order
Would you wear a mask not only inside the studio but during your practice?
Why or why not? Let us know!
The Summer Solstice marks the transition from spring to summer, and is a celebration of the longest day (and shortest night) of the year. This online gathering will be a chance to come together to recognize and celebrate this event. It will include a short hatha yoga practice to embody the summer, a brief meditation on the archetypes of summer, and some guidance for setting a personal intention for the upcoming season. Have a pen and paper handy to take notes and wear comfortable clothes.
or directly through the MindBody App from your phone.
Contact email@example.com with questions.
Location: MGY ONLINE
Date: Saturday, 06.20.2020
Investment: This event is free but donations are welcome.
Please join Arrie online in the morning (Friday) for a FREE, LIVE mindful meditation held from Morning Glory Yoga Studio.
Follow the link and download the Zoom app if you haven’t already. This is a free app.
You’ll need the Meeting ID and Password provided below to join the group.
*Please be aware of your surroundings before you join as your mic will pick up sounds in your immediate area. You are welcome to mute your mic and turn on when appropriate. You also have the option of turning your video on or off.
HOPE TO SEE YOU IN THE MORNING ONLINE AT MGY
FOR OUR FIRST EVER LIVE ONLINE CLASS.
Morning Glory Yoga is inviting you to a Zoom meeting.
- Topic: Morning Meditation with Arrie
- Time: Mar 27, 2020 07:15 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
JOIN ZOOM MEETING
- Meeting ID: 854 940 237
- Password: 088526
Dear MGY Students,
We love you and are thinking of you all and your families. We think of you as our family. As you social distance please stay in contact with us.
As of yesterday, Nacogdoches has a confirmed case of Covid-19, and while no shelter-in-place order exists at this time Morning Glory Yoga is temporarily closing to support the strong advisory to stay home and to leave residence only for essential errands or to perform essential work.
We are currently in the process of developing online content and researching the most effective ways to offer yoga and meditation classes to our members to serve you best under the circumstance.
Our intention is to have classes online by next week.
- If you have yet to do so, please create a MINDBODY account via THIS LINK
- Download the app.
- Search for Morning Glory Yoga and follow the steps to create an account
Our live, online classes will be conducted through Zoom.
- Please download the free ZOOM APP on your phone, desktop, or laptop before next week.
Feel free to email with questions too at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are humbly asking, at this time, those of you who can afford to do so, please maintain your Membership contract. Our Six Month Auto-Draft Memberships are a reduced rate to benefit you monthly while benefiting MGY as well in the long term. As a small business, if these contacts are terminated prematurely we will face greater challenges in the future to re-open our doors.
I have recently made all of our our Memberships available for online purchase to accommodate those who pay in the studio and are not enrolled in the Six Month Auto Draft. We greatly appreciate and depend on your continued support and hope this alternative to in-studio payments will be a convenient option.
Several have inquired about donation options so we’ve added designated dollar amounts under “Classes.” You can access all payment options through the MINDBODY app too.
Our objective is to continue offering classes and provide resources for your mental, physical, and emotional health and strengthen our ability to feel connected even in times we are required to be apart. As a member of Morning Glory Yoga you will have direct access to any online content we create. I’ll send out another post explaining the finer details on how to participate in our on-line yoga and meditation classes as we draw nearer to going “live and/or on-demand.”
This situation is very fluid and we ask, as we adopt new modalities, that you’ll continue to support MGY in our process so that we may support you and provide quality yoga classes online. We know it’s going to be a different experience, and there will probably be a few hiccups along the way. We are learning as we go and ask for your patience and a sense of humor as we put ourselves online!
We love our yoga community and look forward to continuing to serve our members and Nacogdoches community during this time of social distancing.
If you do need to terminate your membership, we understand, please contact email@example.com and provide your full name. As defined in the contract, there will be a $35 early cancellation fee if you have yet to fulfill the initial 6 months.
MGYS is problem solving how we can practice safely together at the studio during the COVID-19 outbreak. During this time of global concern we are here to serve you while holding our Nacogdoches community’s best interest in mind. We feel it is our responsibility to remain open for the mental, physical, and emotional well-being of our students until it becomes clear that the risk outweighs the benefit. Morning Glory Yoga is a sanctuary for those who seek to gain peace of mind, physical health, spiritual growth, and community support during the mundane and elevated societal uncertainty.
With your participation in the following hygienic guidelines we will be able to serve you best and while we are able to keep our doors open we can do so responsibly. Thank you.
At this point:
- If you are sick, please stay home, rest well, and recover before coming back to class. Please stay in contact via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, as we’ll wonder about you and how we can be of assistance.
- Wash your hands before class and after class. Do not touch your face while you practice.
- No sign in sheet inside the studio. If there are any announcements/notices we will place on the shelf where the sign in sheet formerly resided.
- If you have yet to do so, please create a MINDBODY account via THIS LINK
- Download the app.
- Search for Morning Glory Yoga and “book” the class online beforehand. “Book” is another way of saying “Sign-In.”
- We appreciate you adopting this new method to help us reduce the spreading of germs while maintaining the attendance record. We also understand that change is difficult sometimes especially when it comes to technology, please do not hesitate to ask a teacher for assistance before or after class.
- We are fortunate to have so much space to use at MGY2! Please place mats 6 ft from one another when there is extra space in the room.
- Please take your mat home daily to clean and disinfect. This should be prioritized and is part of practicing saucha (cleanliness), one of the niyamas. We will not offer rental mats at this time.
- If/when you use a prop please use the disinfectant spray or wipes now provided and stationed on the cart at the entrance of the practice room.
- The studio is cleaned every day; this will, of course, continue. This cleaning includes sweeping and now thoroughly wet mopping the floors, disinfecting the bathroom, counter surfaces, props, as well as all door handles.
- Asana practice can help us be healthy, centered, and calm in hard times. As always, if you are not at the studio for practice, keep up with your practice at home. Remember, yoga isn’t only asana. Breathing and meditation are also useful tools of this practice. In addition, practicing the Yamas and Niyamas under such societal stress is invaluable to our community’s collective health.
- Not sure what the Yamas and Niyamas even are? Learning opportunity! In yoga philosophy, this is referred to as self study or ‘ones own reading’ known as Svadhyaya. We have a print out at the studio that’s a nice introduction to the prescribed eight fold path of yoga that includes these social restraints (yamas) and lifestyle observances (niyamas.)
The World Health Organization, WHO, provides advice for the public in regard to COVID-19.
If further measures become appropriate down the road, we will implement accordingly.
Morning Glory Yoga will follow the CDC guidelines for schools and commercial establishments and as we observe how our area is effected will consider a reduced schedule or temporary closure as circumstance demands.
Amy, Arrie, Lou, and Glenda
March 4 Week Meditation Foundation Course is designed to give an overview of what meditation is and how to incorporate the practice into one’s life and is appropriate for anyone interested in meditation.
Arrie will introduce various types and styles of meditation and contemplative practices including
- yoga as meditation
- contemplative walking
- and more depending on the interest of the group
Participants will be confident and comfortable practicing meditation on their own and participating in group meditations.
Gentle, Restorative, and Beginner classes are included (and encouraged) in the Meditation Foundation Course.
- No experience necessary.
- Classes will meet Saturdays, 10:30-12:30 at MGY2, 409 East Main.
- Class size is limited to 12
- Investment: $145
- Preregistration is required
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER