A Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy class is intended to take participants deeper into their own felt-experience. There is no need for agility, flexibility, or poise.
On the surface a PRYT class may look similar to a “regular” yoga class, but it has a different scope of practice. Individuals are assessed before class and classes are modified based on the needs of the individuals. The Phoenix Rising method of yoga therapy classes progresses students through six phases which facilitates an embodies direct experience.
In a PRYT class you can expect:
1. Moving and breathing to activate muscles and integrate the nervous system
2. Edge exploration to develop concentration and focus
3. Dropping in to practice acceptance and compassion
4. Meditation period to clear the mind of expectations
5. Listening for insight. A open period to allow insight
6. Integration: a time to consider how each practice will inform your life moving forward.
These classes are part of the Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy: Teacher Training Practicum that Arrie is studying. This is fulfilling part of the requirements of a yoga therapist as set out by the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT).
Place: MGY ONLINE
Sign up online via our schedule or from the MindBody App. Contact email@example.com with questions.